Different ways we could limit houses per account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moti

Novice III
Supporter
I think the problem is that Moti doesnt understand what capitalism is.....
The earth does not cost anything outside the square of the Luna, it is sold for real money inside the walls. You can put as many houses as you like in the price 15 times higher than usual, on worthless land. What’s the catch? It's not capitalism. It's something else. Dan, please, your word.What's the plus of this system?The rest. I heard you, you are worried about being able to sell to others at home for real money, otherwise there will be a lot of headaches with falling houses.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
So technical wise we could handle a server with all housing locations taken.

The original intent was to allow players to be able to be "real estate brokers". This is also why house prices are much higher, to begin with, here.

Luna houses will always be the premier spots now however the biggest reason why most sell for $$ or Sovereigns is because GOLD is actually worth something here. Gold is worth more than $$ or Sovereigns.

Even your most established UO Heritage player has around 10 - 15 million. That is not a lot of gold.

Your AVG UO Heritage player has between 500k and 5 mil at any time.

Another big reason why we did not limit housing from the start is because players will always try to cheat the 4 account limit. VPN, non-static IPs, a 6 year old could figure it out. If we limited houses to 1 per account, more people would try to bypass this limit.

By making houses unlimited, there is no need to try to sneak that 5th or 6th account by. (This is also why we made the Shard Loyalty system the way it is)

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
There is not a single account on UO Heritage that is even close to 50 million.

xG00BERx

Journeyman III
Supporter
Another big reason why we did not limit housing from the start is because players will always try to cheat the 4 account limit. VPN, non-static IPs, a 6 year old could figure it out. If we limited houses to 1 per account, more people would try to bypass this limit.

This is one reason why I believe limiting how many accounts someone can have is also stupid.. On most servers I play I know individuals who run BOD gathering scripts and accounts that auto login and grab bods across 15 different accounts that are not linked to their IP because of a VPN or whatever but its also not strictly enforced I suppose but nonetheless I don't see why limiting accounts a player can have matters? Half of us here probably have extras from mistyping and with the limit on how many can be on at one time per IP I never understood the rule.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Not to go off topic but we are releasing a whole new account management system for when you click on "Account" from your context menu. You will be able to change passwords, add an email, manage houses, see individual characters, and eventually link your 4 MAIN accounts. This will better help us enforce account limits.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Extra accounts also, over time, greatly impact shard saves and item count. We do go through from time to time and purge accounts to keep times low.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
This discussion is now closed.

We have no plans of changing the housing system, as it stands, on Heritage. Thank you to all who contributed ideas and put time into responding. I greatly appreciate it and it has given me much food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
23 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors