TrueUO.com – Home of the Heritage shard and Community Resources
Heritage is a free UO shard that launched in January of 2016.
We strive to emulate the combat mechanics and basic skill systems of modern UO while leveraging our programming experience to create a balanced world that feels similar but is also unique in many ways. While we follow the general path of modern UO’s development we use our own knowledge and ability to look back at what has not worked in UO over the years to tailor, what we believe to be, a more balanced shard.
Location: NYC, New York
Accounts per IP: 4
Accounts on at one time: 3
Skill cap: 720
Stat cap: 260
Ruleset: Modern UO with all Facets. Expansion CustomEJ+
Our mission has always been to create a UO server that is active, fair, and transparent. So, what exactly does that mean?
Here it means:
- For the last five years, we have investigated and fixed thousands of bugs for the ServUO emulator community while also accumulating over 7,500 posts of valuable information. We do our best to address and fix bugs reported to us right away.
- We are constantly pushing new content and bug fixes as evident in our Patch Log history and Archived Events history. We understand the frustration of spending a lot of time on a shard and watching it slowly become abandonware and bug-riddled. MMOs require active attention and maintenance and we are here to provide that. Being the complex piece of software that these servers are, new challenges and bugs are always being found and you need an independent, capable, and active team to address these issues as soon as possible. Even a few weeks of inactivity can be disastrous.
- On Heritage, there are only two staff members with any in-game powers. We strictly prohibit the maintaining of player accounts on Heritage by staff.
- We try to treat all players the same, have a very hands-off approach to in-game interactions and attempt to enforce the rules as evenly as humanly possible. https://trueuo.com/threads/heritage-shard-rules.85/#post-263
- We are always willing to openly discuss issues on these forums and truly value that type of communication between the development team and player.
- We do not manipulate the world in any way for any player. We treat everyone the same, for better or for worse, regardless of the situation.