Not A Bug OSSEIN RAM

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
All i have done was adjust base damage, dex, str, hit points, stamina, mana, resists, stamina regen, mana regen, saving level 5 for area effects, special moves, magical abilities and lastly ps.

now that i am on level 5 i dont have area effects, special moves. UO-CAH says i should have lots of options. I wanted to test this on testnet but [pettraintest is not working.

1627539385476.png

1627539408960.png
1627539536075.png1627539556371.png1627539567882.png

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
On test center train level one the ram also does not have the other training options it should. no points have been spent on this test.

1627607514704.png

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
because of the innate abilities it spawns with, the only option to change IS its magic ability - if you change its magic, other options should open up

1627645995171.png

Basically it spawns with all it's ability and move options already filled in.
Changing the magic ability will (or should) override these and open up the menus.

though @BooshBooshBoosh is probably the man to speak to, he's got the only fully trained Ossein Ram i've seen :)

Hope i've helped in some way :)

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
1627646516002.png

This is me on TC, i chose Chiv - it overrode battle defence and disarm and paralyse and opened up all the menu's :)

i am 99% sure your lack of options is purely down to the fact the Ossein Ram essentially comes fully training in abilities :p

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
Miral,

If true the ram works polar opposite then any other pet I have trained. the very first pet I trained was the rarest hyru and I selected magic ability first and I was told you never do that and one is to select area, effect Special moves, then magic abilities.

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
A Hiyru doesn’t have a full set of abilities already on it. It’s because of the battle Defense ability, it gives you disarm and paralyse automatically and as it’s innately got a special ability (steal life or leech life whichever it is) that’s why the other options are closed off. When we test ossein ram’s on production because it was spawning extra abilities, it worked the same way I think. Change battle Defense and the menus open up to change, it’s just the quirk of that particular pet
Post automatically merged:

@FireFly being the professor of Petonomics, you can probably explain this better than I am :)

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
I am under standing what you saying, but doing it this way the pet goes from 4 natural ability's down two and one that cant be changed. I cant select both Special and area. If I pick Chiv, I can only select one area effect or one special move.

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to imply you’re not understanding, I know it’s a pain because I agree the way it works sucks, but it’s how it works sadly. Perhaps @Dan fancies rejigging it at some point? I’d probably more inclined to train one too if it was changed :D

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
lol, UO have nerfed the pets so hard with the way they are trained. it basically make a plethora of pets useless and narrows it down to just a hand full. even the cool pets like the bane dragon, grizzled mare, and wildfire ostard worthless. revamping the pet system would be sooo worth it.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
lol, UO have nerfed the pets so hard with the way they are trained. it basically make a plethora of pets useless and narrows it down to just a hand full. even the cool pets like the bane dragon, grizzled mare, and wildfire ostard worthless. revamping the pet system would be sooo worth it.
But revamping it how? There will always be that "meta" pet. Currently, any pet that can be mounted and trained to 5 slots seems to be much more desirable.

Having ethereal mounts count as 0 control slots, would that make players more likely to utilize other pets that can't be mounted?
Gargoyles still have the advantage of not needing the store/in-game ethereal to begin with.

Otherwise, if someone wants to, in spreadsheet form, show one pet vs another and why it should be able to go up a slot or have abilities changed all while making the pet not necessarily more powerful than the top tier pets that already exist but at least on par/equal/different, we can have a shard wide discussion on it.

I don't expect anyone to do that, it's just what needs to be considered first and compared to the whole system as a whole before I would even consider going in and tweaking the pet training system numbers away from production.

- In regards to the Hiryu, not a bug. As mentioned above - UOCAH is showing all possible. It is not going by pet and pre-imagining what you are doing to said pet. Due to various innate abilities, most sections are already "called for" unless specific things are changed or removed. Is it confusing? Sure is. I don't get why certain things were imagined to act the way they do either but the entire system was coded around these specific functions. Months were spent testing it at the time plus a public testing period, plus years of minor bug tweaks. It matches production quite closely now - https://trueuo.com/threads/pet-reva...-we-need-players-to-test-and-report-bugs.423/

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
@Dan I am picking up what your putting down, but for instance the grizzle mare vs the nightmare. I would love to use one of these guys in battle to give the game a bit more diversity. It literally spawn in with no advantages besides a non tamer using it and the moment its trained up to level two it can no longer be used by a non tamer anyway. It starts off with no innate magic, skills, and abilities and its attributes start off crazy low. to add to pet diversity it would be amazing to see these guys trainable control slot up to 5.

Grizzled mare

1627838807405.png

Nightmare

1627839371465.png

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
7 hours
Players Online