FIXED On server restart, id of gumps changes itself

Krecha

Newbie III
Supporter
I think these are changes in the new version of the framework/hash method.

*chief concern right now is gumps changing IDs every restart, breaking player macros

ModernUO implementation:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
After doing a little research it seems the best approach is to update the hashing in general. This specific hash, xxhash, is deterministic, made for newer versions of .NET, and it is what MUO uses. The other MUO example is just for backwards compatibility for people who can't/don't want to upgrade.

There may be some performance issues with the backwards compatibility proposed by MUO if I take the easy way out.

The question now is how easy a total upgrade would be. That one I can't answer yet. Time needed will be the ultimate factor in the immediate short term.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master

If anyone has the know-how to download TrueUO and run their own server I would appreciate some testing of this. I need to make sure gumps still work in general, that macros collect the new hash correctly, and that they can now persist through restarts.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I went ahead and pushed this to Heritage.

Please note that only gump IDs obtained after the shard comes online with this patch will persist through the next 7am auto restart.

Please report any issues. I had limited time to test but everything seemed okay.

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
14 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
4,446,987,877gp