Not A Bug Going Gumshoe quest broken?

Cid

Novice III
Benefactor
Supporter
Yesterday I decided to do the Gumshoe quest to gain access to the Khaldun Treasures event. I was able to advance through the quest until I reached the point where you are directed to return to Jasper. Upon my return, Jasper refused to advance the quest. The message I had was "What, you here again? I sent you to the cemetery."

I had all 4 rolled parchments and Jasper s book that are required in my pack. I tried marking these items as a "Quest" item but the message said that this is not a quest item. I tried dropping the items on Jasper but the message here says that the animal shies away. I then thought maybe I didn't do the cemeteries in order so I terminated the quest and started over. Same result. So, stupid me....I did it a third time....same result so I gave up at this point and tossed all the books and scrolls into the trash.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Screenshot_20240122_120404_DuckDuckGo.jpg

All of those are bools (true/false) and all must be true for IsComplete to also be true. Double clicking them should set them to true.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master

OP
Cid

Cid

Novice III
Benefactor
Supporter
Yes, I checked all the headstones in the cemeteries and I found all the secret doors. Down below the secret doors are small chambers that have the clue books. You have to dbl click on the books, use the forensic eval skill on them and finally, use inscription to make the copies. You need to do this to all 4 books and the scrolls in your pack will be numbered as 1 of 4, 2 of 4....excreta, excreta.....You do this until you have seen all 4 secret rooms and copied all 4 books. You are then to report to Jasper.....Inspect the DUST......I'll try it again but man.....if this is another of the massive chain quests I can see why people don't do it.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
The official UO wiki is not maintained by the actual UO developers. It is a player volunteer contribution. (Mostly Mariah)

As such, there are plenty examples of incorrect or missing information.

When Dexter and I were coding it back then we had EA accounts and tested everything. We could not continue until the dust was also inspected.

If this has changed someone with an EA account will have to let us know. Maybe @Xeno knows.

Regardless, inspect all the dust and let me know if it let's you continue.

OP
Cid

Cid

Novice III
Benefactor
Supporter
Well, that's what it was. Inspect the dust....grrr.. o_O Ok, thanks for the pointers Dan. I agree, I shouldn't put too much faith an instruction that is so outdated.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
It's not very intuitive and that specific spot in the quest has been brought up on Discord quite a few times. You aren't the first and you won't be the last.

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
12 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
4,446,631,385gp