Discussion Wall Of Stone spell and PvP - Thinking out loud

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I see complaints come up on the production forums from time to time regarding the way people use auto-targeting and the new clients to spam Wall of Stone using tile relative to get it right in front of people in PvP.

There is no way to prevent this, server-side. The new CUO and Orion clients are here to stay and maybe some older spell mechanics do need to be looked at, in 2021, in light of this.

One example is how we could update the mechanics of the Wall Of Stone spell:

Proposed Changes
  • When the target for the wall is first selected gray sparkles, that can be passed, will appear for 2 seconds highlighting where the wall will appear. After 2 seconds the sparkles will be replaced by the actual wall.
  • When the wall appears it will last an additional +2 seconds - from 10 seconds(now) to 12 seconds(proposed).
  • The walls' total possible length would be increased from 5 tiles to 7 tiles.
    • Possibly allowing for better crowd control in wider dungeon areas.
  • We could also make the walls destructible but with high HP.

There are no plans to change wall of stone at this time. I simply want to collect opinions or constructive ideas that could possibly be used in the future.

BinhoGuedes

Neophyte
Hello everybody. Yes, I think it has to be reviewed, as there is an abuse of these resources in pvp. I find the suggestions proposed by Dan interesting. Maybe implement and re-evaluate in 90 days?

Magus Zeal

Expert II
Supporter
Another option could be a delay for when the wall actually appears. So when you target the ground there is a 1sec delay before you get a wall. Then you could probably leave the rest of the spell alone.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Another option could be a delay for when the wall actually appears. So when you target the ground there is a 1sec delay before you get a wall. Then you could probably leave the rest of the spell alone.
Yeah that's the first on my proposed list on the OP.
  • When the target for the wall is first selected gray sparkles, that can be passed, will appear for 2 seconds highlighting where the wall will appear. After 2 seconds the sparkles will be replaced by the actual wall.

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
2,673,335,639gp

Test Center

Address