Trainable Pets - tamers opinions wanted

Xeno

Novice II
Supporter
There should be possible to make rideable Tigers i think? That pets used to be mounts?
I think there is an ethy tiger so I would think since the graphic is there, you could make the regular ones mountable, right?

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I think there is an ethy tiger so I would think since the graphic is there, you could make the regular ones mountable, right?
I could very easily make all tigers mounts.

When they were first released on Heritage they were added as mounts because that is what we thought they would be.

I simply need to remove that line. I don't see an issue doing this because if some weird imbalancing issue comes up I can simply add it back. No harm done.

BooshBooshBoosh

Novice
Supporter
I could very easily make all tigers mounts.

When they were first released on Heritage they were added as mounts because that is what we thought they would be.

I simply need to remove that line. I don't see an issue doing this because if some weird imbalancing issue comes up I can simply add it back. No harm done.
Please do this Dan. I'm a huge fan of adding increased functionality to otherwise largely ignored pets.

Omalley

Adept III
Benefactor
Supporter
I dont have any ideas on how to change pets, but i would like to see more of the rare spawn tame-ables.. even if they are just horses, llamas, unicorns & the norm.. with new hues and a new name, maybe a little tougher.. and make some spawn 1 time a month, some 1 time a week, and some 1 time a day. Collecting mounts and pets is a big deal in alot of games. it will breathe life into magincia, and create a demand for stable slot increase tokens :D

Miral

Neophyte II
Supporter
Also, would it be at all possible for the animal lore screen to update in real time like the training one does? So you can see pet skill gains rather than keep loring hoping to see a gain?

FireFly

Apprentice III
Supporter
Also, would it be at all possible for the animal lore screen to update in real time like the training one does? So you can see pet skill gains rather than keep loring hoping to see a gain?
+1
Also would be great if can open more than one pet lore at time. For example to easy check the diffrence without make snaps or reopen previous pet

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I dont have any ideas on how to change pets, but i would like to see more of the rare spawn tame-ables.. even if they are just horses, llamas, unicorns & the norm.. with new hues and a new name, maybe a little tougher.. and make some spawn 1 time a month, some 1 time a week, and some 1 time a day. Collecting mounts and pets is a big deal in alot of games. it will breathe life into magincia, and create a demand for stable slot increase tokens :D
I was thinking of having certain mobiles, like horses, have a rare chance to maybe spawn in a rarer color.

Maybe every now and then the rare white jack rabbit can be found scurrying across the snow touched parts of our world.

BooshBooshBoosh

Novice
Supporter
I was thinking of having certain mobiles, like horses, have a rare chance to maybe spawn in a rarer color.

Maybe every now and then the rare white jack rabbit can be found scurrying across the snow touched parts of our world.
Turning other tamable creatures into a "Cu like" color hunt would breathe so much life into taming. I whole-heartedly support this idea and would donate to a GoFundMe if you need to hire a programmer for a weekend.

Adding new hues to underrepresented tames, while dropping some to 2-slot at spawn, would be such a fantastic change.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
If not that, I could potentially code a little system message that fires off when a pet gains in skill, like players.

"Your pet named ~PETNAME~ has gained X.X in ~SKILLNAME~."

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
4 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
2,278,615,401gp