FIXED Tracking Issues

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
Hi!

Tracking Monsters seems to also track certain player vendors
1627545201491.png

Tracking Animals also seems to track the placeable pet parrots

I can't imagine both of these are intended, are they?

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Nope, already fixed in my next patch! Should get deployed today, should fix all of those but let me know after. I'll keep this open for now incase something is missed.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I had to get a little creative. On production UO any player-owned NPC can hold costumes but doing so does not change their body value.

It was a bug reported here a while ago but left it alone since players seemed to like it at the time.

Moving forward it did have to be tweaked a little though. Stewards and Mannequins, also confirmed on production, will no longer change form if holding a costume. Player Vendors, for now, will still be able to hold costumes but also will no longer show up as a monster in the tracking menu.

OP
M

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
i have a new one!

Tracking Jillian (@Bocephus ) when in Wraith form, pops them up in Monster tracking as a Wraith named 'Wraith'

1627595457327.png
Whereas out of wraithform Jillian is a person called Jillian
1627595510454.png

I know that being in different forms puts you in different categories, but is it supposed to not show your target's name?
is this intended?

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
i have a new one!

Tracking Jillian (@Bocephus ) when in Wraith form, pops them up in Monster tracking as a Wraith named 'Wraith'

View attachment 4371
Whereas out of wraithform Jillian is a person called Jillian
View attachment 4372

I know that being in different forms puts you in different categories, but is it supposed to not show your target's name?
is this intended?
Different forms, like animal forms too, will actually show you as that animal. This can help players evade detection as well.

Using a disguise kit will show you as an NPC with your disguise kit name.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I BELIEVE I got most of the issues resolved with things showing up where they shouldn't I will keep this open for a few days though still. If you notice anything odd please let me know.

OP
M

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
Rather than making a new post... Should pets and tameables fall under Animals or Monsters? or does it depend on the species?

I noticed Triton's fall under the Monster category

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
It depends on what it is flagged for in the body table. Monster or Animal.

If it is a monster or animal, being tamed does not change that distinction.

Currently, the Triton is flagged as a Monster. I will go on Atlantic later and find someone @ Luna with one to track and see if they classify it as a monster or animal.

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
2,844,927,505gp

Test Center

Address