Tournament suggestion.

Prado

Neophyte
I suggest a Joust tournament i think that is 'easy' to make it happen.
GM just need to create a lance with use best weapon skill and 70 tactics, also, 45 HCI and 45 DCI so everyone might use the first weapon skill (dismount)
This weapon (lance) can be used to dismount while you are mounted.
See the video below.
From UOguide: As of Publish 21, the Dismount attack for lances functions in a different way to other weapons. It may only be used while mounted and riding against characters who are also holding a lance. Dismounting in this manner will not inflict fall damage on the opponent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireFly

Journeyman II
Supporter
Idea is great but why "GM just need to create a lance with use best weapon skill" loot. Any or just train sword. Also issue i think might be that pvp tourney was 100% rng - you have no chance to raise your chance for apply dismount and same chance opponent has.
But i like it-maybe if not @Dan - we can roll tourney as player event just for fun and look how that will work?

OP
P

Prado

Neophyte
@FireFly GM make that weapon for tournament only because create a char raise fencing and tactics just for this tournament its boring l think.
otherwise if a mage or a char with macefighting can use this lance with use best weapon skill. l mean, just pick the lance, a horse and fight, because it is only a dismount tournament not a pvp, HCI and DCI is just to make things fair to all those who want to participate. It is just a suggestion all ideas to make happen are welcome !
My idea is make a Heritage event that is why i think @Dan should organize, because it will be great if we have an arena especifically for this event.

Last edited:

FireFly

Journeyman II
Supporter
@FireFly GM make that weapon for tournament only because create a char raise fencing and tactics just for this tournament its boring l think.
otherwise if a mage or a char with macefighting can use this lance with use best weapon skill. l mean, just pick the lance, a horse and fight, because it is only a dismount tournament not a pvp, HCI and DCI is just to make things fair to all those who want to participate. It is just a suggestion all ideas to make happen are welcome !
My idea is make a Heritage event that is why i think @Dan should organize, because it will be great if we have an arena especifically for this event.
I can do GM JOB for you https://www.uoguide.com/Luna_Lance

Ubws weapon for tourney :)

OP
P

Prado

Neophyte
yup. l do know luna lance it's good but you must have 70 tactics to use first weapon skill (dismont) ! and put cap to HCI and DCI so everyone has the same chance to dismount !

FireFly

Journeyman II
Supporter
Ok so first thing you wrong 70/90 tact not required anymore only weapon skill at 70/90 primary secondary-tact check was actuall at 30/60.
Second thing-tbh thats not big deal to find 45/45 hci and dci on trash loot pieces-tbh cursed can work as well. You want all in one to just come with mage-want Knight tourney just put little work on it and train 2 skills to be able to participate.

So tourney +1
GM made weapon with no really reason - 1

OP
P

Prado

Neophyte
Well it is just a suggestion l am not making this tournament, as i said it is a suggestion if game masters want to make it, good ! if you want to make it good aswell !
The idea to have a ready weapon just equip and fight it is to atract most of players in shard, i have a player that i can equip luna lance and fight... but the question is those who dont have gonna farm to try come to the event ?

FireFly

Journeyman II
Supporter
Well imo much less work with just "free luna lance for each person who join-than do custom one. I hope @Dan will make it happen, make character and suit it for the event like this not take more than one day. Lol

OP
P

Prado

Neophyte
l suggest this tournament doesn't matter if the lance is made by a GM or it is free luna lance to all who participate. l just think this is a diferent event than pvp and the main idea is that all those who want could participate !
We must try to make the server as good as possible to attract new players !
Make diferent events is a good idea.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I like the idea of "jousting" and setting an arena as part of a "mini-event".

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
@Dexter any way this could be "enforced" Maybe even in the arena system have it create an arena of two lanes, check for mounted, has a lance, so on and so on?

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
19 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
4,332,617,671gp