Questions or Comments regarding the Summer Fesitval 2021

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
If you have any questions or comments/suggestions directly related to this year's Summer Festival please post them below.

Bocephus

Novice III
Supporter
How do you turn in the 100 leather for Gorin the Delucia Guard?
I tried dropping on him. also tried Toggling Quest Item then double clicking him.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
show.png
Thanks - that specific message, "100 Leather can be gathered quite quickly if one hunts the right animals.", in the quest log will be fixed tomorrow.

150 is the total needed.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
If anyone else notices spelling, grammar, or otherwise incorrect information on any of these quest menus let me know please.

Bocephus

Novice III
Supporter
So, I go to the invasion, I help participate in the killing of orcs, but, by the time I find the boss, 4 sampires have it down.
What the heck. no tickets and apparently it's only worth while to linger around the spawn center and wait for the boss.
It's like a fel champ spawn, some trammy works hard to level it and the same usual suspects finish the boss.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
So, I go to the invasion, I help participate in the killing of orcs, but, by the time I find the boss, 4 sampires have it down.
What the heck. no tickets and apparently it's only worth while to linger around the spawn center and wait for the boss.
It's like a fel champ spawn, some trammy works hard to level it and the same usual suspects finish the boss.
It's always a balancing act at the start of these events.

Sure, week one, day one, zero hour, everyone goes and it can be tough. So we up the HP to allow everyone a chance to get a hit in.

Week two, everyone is burnt out and now the numbers are less. "What the hell why does this thing have 200k HP and take forever to kill".
Well, it had 150k HP but we upped it because everyone cried they had no chance on the first few that ever spawned....like no duh.

I watch though and do adjust things. I will be adding another 50k hit points to the boss. Tomorrow the boss will be the same color but will start using the Orc Brute model to make it easier to target in crowds as well.

Cid

Novice
Benefactor
Supporter
Okay, so I go to the Rockwell hunt yesterday, (my toon is in the screenshot posted on Discord) all of a sudden everybody runs to the moonstone gate and goes through. I did not see any info as to which dungeon to select. Luckily I finally catch up at the Dragon Turtle but it was almost over ( Turtle was at >10% health ) and Rockwell was not there. I tried to find out where everybody went to but, again, no communication. I returned to the Delucia commons thinking maybe the hunt was to regroup there. Nope, wrong....:confused:. I waited at Rockwell's tent until he returned thinking the chest would appear. Nope, wrong again. :(

Am I disappointed? Yes, the communication could have been much much better. Will I participate in upcoming events? Yes, if I can.

Rant over.....

FireFly

Journeyman
Supporter
I have question about dragon turtle - since its champion spawn (tram ruleset like ilsh ones i believe) is there any reason it not drop gold after defeat it at all?

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I have question about dragon turtle - since its champion spawn (tram ruleset like ilsh ones i believe) is there any reason it not drop gold after defeat it at all?
Nope, after a quick look, I couldn't see anything directly blocking it from performing the gold shower OnDeath.

Report it up as a bug if it is for sure not doing it.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Okay, so I go to the Rockwell hunt yesterday, (my toon is in the screenshot posted on Discord) all of a sudden everybody runs to the moonstone gate and goes through. I did not see any info as to which dungeon to select. Luckily I finally catch up at the Dragon Turtle but it was almost over ( Turtle was at >10% health ) and Rockwell was not there. I tried to find out where everybody went to but, again, no communication. I returned to the Delucia commons thinking maybe the hunt was to regroup there. Nope, wrong....:confused:. I waited at Rockwell's tent until he returned thinking the chest would appear. Nope, wrong again. :(

Am I disappointed? Yes, the communication could have been much much better. Will I participate in upcoming events? Yes, if I can.

Rant over.....
I did announce multiple times there, at the event area, where we were going.

I also don't recall anyone asking, in global chat, "Hey where did everyone go?". The purpose was also for the chest reward to only be given to those who came and partook in the hunt. Thus the chest was spawned at the end of the dungeon in a blocked-off area, not back at the tent where everyone and all their alternates could come.

Next time, simply ask in global chat. "Hey, where did you guys go?" I promise if I am running an event I will respond. When I said the event was promptly starting at X time, it was at that time it was announced where we were going.

I also spammed it 5 times in a row at the actual crystal. "Terathan Keep"

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Also, I want to mention that these dungeon crawl locations are announced, and will continue to be announced, right before we go so as to limit people parking alternates / exploring the areas ahead of time. (as it takes some time to get spawn points in/rewards and they are usually set up prior) There were a decent amount of people at the last one and I fail to see why players can't be the source for "where did you guys go?"

Cid

Novice
Benefactor
Supporter
Okay, look, I don't want to turn this into a major rant. I do not look at the global chat because of all the smack that is posted there. I honestly did not see the locations given by the Rockwell toon. I did see his message stating that the event will start in 1 min. Maybe I should have checked my journal but I didn't.

I get the line about alternate chars and toons camping the chest...I get it. To me it's really no big deal, it's all pixel crack anyway.

I will simply wait until the next hunt, if I have time to attend I will.

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
2,844,520,916gp

Test Center

Address