Players "Rare Festival" Is there any interest?

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
We have over four years of event and holiday items laying around. Some players specifically like to collect this type of stuff while other players may be more interested in gold and sovereigns.

Are there those out there interested in putting on a "rares fest" with staff assistance? (Gates, advertising, ect)

The purpose would be to gather as many rares in one location for players to buy and sell from each other, during a specified weekend. We could also put on some other side events during the Rares Festival. I would send out a mass forum message as well as a message on ServUO for people to come back and at least see what they may have laying around.

Who would be interested in helping support this in-game? Houses, letting people know, ect?

Beermoney

Heritage Supporter
Very interested in a rare's fest! Not so much in an auction tho, most of the wealthy ppl already have the good stuff :)

Brosephine

Apprentice
The Legend
Benefactor
Heritage Supporter
I like the idea! I'd be interested in seeing what other players have that I don't... not sure what rares I would be willing to part with though. I'd also be happy to help organize in whatever way you think my skills would be best used.

Molokai

Novice II
I dont have much to offer as far as items/prizes go, but i could help organize some kind of side event,
I have alot of great ideas that use areas/items already ingame to limit access , maybe wind or peerless locations to get a prize.
  • like bring item A to chr A for clue to chr B that wants item B to give clue to chr C that will give clue to grand prize.
  • maybe Grand prize in house protected by murders
  • or book A with clues inside to location A to book B with secrets hiding in the text to grand prize location
  • could do a maze house with grand prize hidden inside
  • something like bring quest item A to chr A for a raffle ticket to win grand prize in a drawing
  • even murder A has grand prize in backpack you must kill to loot
  • trivia prize event - using info on forms or wiki (organizer asks questions ingame sending people to googles to find answer)
  • im sure i could dream up better ideas if i spend some more time thinking

My fav kind on stuff is role playing type quests for hidden items like the Roadius Wootimus rares on another shard
( hiding stuff that takes a word to reveal/find can be too hard , but can be fun if the right clues are given)
Post automatically merged:

I never liked auctions with reserve prices on items . but if no reserve price auctions can be Fun.
Most rares still on vendors is because the market thinks its over priced.

I like the idea of players donating items to the shard, in turn them items will be auctioned off with no minimum bid to other players.

Last edited:

DaBeanCounter

Journeyman III
Wiki Editor
Heritage Supporter
I'd be more interested in a rare exchange system that would behave like cub. I have a metric tonn of "rares" from events I was able to do, but missed a bunch of events. Would be nice if I could get some kind of "rare currency" and trade them for the stuff I miss.

@Noah The rares I have on vendors don't move either.

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
It's more about bringing other people back to the shard, to sell any rares they may have, to people like you guys with all the money. Any item over 10 million is already pricing out 70% of the shard. The support we are looking for is in the form of Luna establishments designed to host it.

There are plenty of inactive accounts filled with items. Some unique, from our past.

I just envisioned a player run "rares" fest like the ones on UO today. If there is no interest moving forward, no problem.

DaBeanCounter

Journeyman III
Wiki Editor
Heritage Supporter
Any Luna house I own is at your disposal sir :) I was just discussing the concept. Another idea I just thought of - It would be neat to have a museum collection or something where people can donate the rares to go on display somewhere. A plaque "donated by xxxxx". It would be a monument to all the activities on the shard and who participated based on the donation.

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Yeah I'd like to turn Rares Fest into a community event / merchant event and museums are a great idea.

We'd also be on hand to answer any specific item questions. Where did it come from? How many are left? Stuff like that. As stated in the original post I would send a forced email to all members of these forums, make a reddit post, and advertise on ServUO about 30 days out explaining the event.

Megan

Neophyte II
Heritage Supporter
This sounds like a fun idea, I'm in and can help! I've got two luna houses next door to each other that i can re-format for use as well if needed. I've been in the hospital for about three weeks but I'm back now and this sounds great!

XxXBarbieXxX

Neophyte III
Heritage Supporter
I have lot of cool rares from when I started on the shard and hit many IDOCS : ) I have a few one off items as well. Did anything happen with this as my plan was to place a 32 x 32 then setup a museum : )