Pet missing

RedBeard

Journeyman
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
My Triton is missing. I was kicked from Exodus Peerless 4/17/2021 haven't been on with this character since then, my pet didn't travel with me to Exodus for that battle but was left at the Spirituality Shrine in Trammel, I logged out and back in while at Exodus , but unlike other times, my pet didn't join me while at Exodus. I can't remember if I rejoined with my pet that day or not. Unmounted pets don't log out with you, they tend to stay in game, but not sure why it would disappear. My control slots says 0/0 so it would seem my pet was deleted. Might be that pets should log out with player in every situation to prevent this?

Last edited:

Miral

Neophyte III
Supporter
@RedBeard, there was a Triton sat in your Rune Library house in Luna (pretty sure its name was Lougie) for the past couple of days. was it that one? I have seen a fair few random pets sat in houses alone over the past week during my travels, that's why it struck me as odd :(

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

Journeyman
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
yes Loogie was it. Which means I did retrieve it. Although it didn't log out with me as previously witnessed. Same thing happens with a beetle on another character if she logs unmounted. 120 Disco 120 heal on the Triton and some 115s, training it to 120 Disco alone was work :(

Last edited:

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Yeah, I noticed it there too.

On real UO they unbound and go wild in a span of 12 hours.

On Heritage I have it set to 3 days which it must have gone over that point.

FireFly

Apprentice III
Supporter
non mountable animals stable after you log out but you must have free slot in stable? With beetle if that was blue beetle their backpack must be emptied

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Also, I am not sure they auto stable if out during a restart. Always good to stable a non-mountable.

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

Journeyman
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
Yeah, I noticed it there too.

On real UO they unbound and go wild in a span of 12 hours.

On Heritage I have it set to 3 days which it must have gone over that point.
This is only true for pets that are not mounted. I believe all pets should behave the same. There is no warning message on log out to warn of this. "Warning your pet can not be stabled at this time." That is what should be done instead of having to know cryptic UO lore, or remember that your stable is full, or forget you switched masteries to get a focus etc....

Last edited:

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
This is only true for pets that are not mounted. I believe all pets should behave the same. There is no warning message on log out to warn of this. "Warning your pet can not be stabled at this time." That is what should be done instead of having to know cryptic UO lore, or remember that your stable is full, or forget you switched masteries to get a focus etc....
But even this wouldn't cover every situation.

Disconnects, client crashes, world crashes, any other situation other than logging out normally.

Currently we have it set so a pet can remain for 3 days in the wild before it unbounds and then begins its normal loyalty decay cycle.

I dont think changing this to 7 or even 14 days would impact server performance too much.

That being said I'm unaware of any way to actually make it better, especially when over stable count limits, for any of the various reasons you brought up above.

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
8 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
2,386,059,879gp

Test Center