Unconfirmed Bug Non-player Mobile AI when low health (Fleeing)

The Silvertiger

Neophyte III
Heritage Supporter
So on free servers when mobs get to 16% they instantly flee. This is not OSI accurate. While mobs do flee on OSI below a certain health percentage, it is mostly not immediately. They also will reengage (quit fleeing) at times then start fleeing again. Spellcasters below a certain percentage on OSI are even stranger, as they can't decide whether to flee or cast spells. In my brief testing, I was unable to get any undead to flee. I was also unable to get blood elementals to flee. I'm not sure if the blood elementals is tied the mage thing or if they just healed too fast to start fleeing. I do not know the exact parameters of this AI.

Here is a link to my post on another forum with 2 videos included:

DatPreacher

Newbie II
Heritage Supporter
I mentioned this when I came here aswell but I did not have proof it makes killing groups very difficult on higher end mobs

xG00BERx

Journeyman II
Heritage Supporter
I mean regardless why the fuck would/should a undead flee when it's close to death. Its already fuckin dead lol

This part always made 0 sense at a neira champion spawn when the rotting corpses decided to turn tail and run..

OP
OP
The Silvertiger

The Silvertiger

Neophyte III
Heritage Supporter
I mean regardless why the fuck would/should a undead flee when it's close to death. Its already fuckin dead lol

This part always made 0 sense at a neira champion spawn when the rotting corpses decided to turn tail and run..
If you look at the first post in the link I posted, the guy is doing rikky spawn on OSI. After combing through the video I was only able to find 2 instances of mobs fleeing. There's something about how if you keep attacking they don't flee, sorta. After 2 hours of focusing only on this aspect I still haven't the foggiest idea of how this mechanic works. All I know is that it's different and can show that.

Jester

Apprentice
Heritage Supporter
Yeah, you used to be able (haven't played osi in a long time) to continue to double click their health bar and it would keep them focused on you and not flee.

Edit:
No idea if this works on heritage, i do not use melee/combatants to want to be focused on.

raveX

Neophyte III
C# Nerd
Heritage Supporter
This was also quite apparent to me when first starting here, and likewise my ServUO experience. Monster flee mechanics are different than I have experienced elsewhere, both from my time on OSI which is certainly outdated at this point, and other free shards. I wouldn't say it is necessarily wrong in many cases but I would appreciate there being some uniqueness to the mechanic based on the mob type.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Watching that video, it doesnt even look like they flee, but simply randomly wander around, like when they aren't engaged in fighting.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Testing this today and tomorrow.

On Heritage - do most mobs flee every time?