Unconfirmed Bug Meraktus not counting toward hawkwind quest.

JCide

Newbie III
Took a couple of guildies to the labyrinth spawn to complete their primer quest from hawkwind. In a party, made sure they both dealt damage to him.
When meraktus died they gained karma and fame but did not complete the quest.

FireFly

Apprentice
Supporter
Yea it works simmilar everywhere- any hawkwinds quest. Check your bag maybe you got 2 masteries on your bag and one of was with skill they choose? It looks like sometimes it drop in party for char with best damage. Next time try break party and let them both attack boss- try not help and they should both achieve quest

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Dont the boss reset over time? So if you have an active quest, it resets to anotehr boss?

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
So while the base quest rotates, once a player takes it why would the target change?

I am going to grab the quest on EA, log out for 24 hours, and see if the target changes in my quest log.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Knowing EA, I would not be surprised.

That being said seems like a shitty design to change quest criteria, once in the quest log. We shall see!

QuestLog.png

I will give this a few days, if it does not outright change tomorrow, incase it randomly picks the same one again.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
showthem.png

So after two days my objective never changes.

While the quest Hawkwind offers can change, once you accept it that objective should be serialized.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
No. The problem is the target from the quest is changing every 24 hours on Heritage.

On production whatever target you get when you first accept that quest stays that way no matter how many days it takes you to do it.

ALSO while you have one of these quests active, that uses the old quest system, I noticed that onlogin it auto pops up the gump telling you.

Log on Mr Nice on Atlantic to see what I am talking about.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Confirmed, the creature to slay is not rotating, my bad. Back to the original post. Are you sure you have looting rights?

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I heard that this happened to a group again today.

The players used only their pets to attack the boss, was a group in a party, no quest completion message when boss killed.

Was a different boss. Maybe an issue with getting quest credit when killing bosses, not by oneself?

FireFly

Apprentice
Supporter
I face that problem only once and it was when more than one person in party had quest taken-work without party tho

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Looting rights are taken into account. The old quest system uses the same event that the mondains quest sytem uses. The event is called for each player who gets looting rights.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I have seen this come up a few times though.

Being in a party seems to be the thing. They get the rights but the quest seems to only trigger for the top damager. Or maybe the quest system is not seeing past the players' pet.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
It's all called in GetLootingRights method in BaseCreature. If you get looting rights (from damage, not just being in a party), you get checked.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Tested, and works fine. My only suggestion is do more damage lol.

Reactions: Dan

Fred

Supporter
This morning, a party of two killed Corgul. The first time I don't think I was close enough when he died because I didn't teleport out. The second time, I did enough damage to get Corgul's Book but still didnt complete Hawkwings quest... Everyone says "Do more damage..." Guess I will have to try that...

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
You don't necessarily have to have looing rights to get an artifact from Corgul, but just be on the damage list.

Mordack

Lifer
I am trying to do the mastery quest given by hawkwind, and it was for the animal taming mastery. got Merkatus. Went to place and killed the boss and it didnt give credit. it was 2 of us in a party and we was using reptalons to help the fight. went smooth until the end when I died to Merkatus we both ran outside and then came back in and finished the fight
we have done this battle like 3 or 4 times
getting annoying

Top Bottom