Not A Bug Lumberjacking

Johan

Novice II
Supporter
When Lumberjacking on Heritage I get 20 logs from each tree 10 from each chop both in tram and in fel, now on OSI, trees you can get in between 40-80 logs from each tree and DOUBLE that from fel trees as well as you get 11 logs in tram from each chop and you 22 logs from each chop in fel

Magus Zeal

Expert
Supporter

OP
J

Johan

Novice II
Supporter
Interesting. This is quite frustrating as I can mass farm boards very easily on OSI but getting boards here i am constantly running around all over the place trying to get enough. it takes like 5x as long. I would be willing to do a bigger sample size than was given in the original thread more towards the 500 chop on both OSI and Heritage

Last edited:

Magus Zeal

Expert
Supporter
The difference is area harvesting vs. per tree harvesting. On OSI you harvest a whole area at a time making it easier to bot harvest wood

OP
J

Johan

Novice II
Supporter
That's why i was going to do it under yew where the space between trees is like 5-6 tiles so that there is no way that they could be area harvesting

Magus Zeal

Expert
Supporter
Hrmm - I would also test an area with a bunch of trees and an area with medium trees to rule out some kind of other system in place. I'm interested in your findings!

OP
J

Johan

Novice II
Supporter
Would be willing to see what Dan would like me to do and if possible what areas he would like me to do in particular so that we could get more accurate findings as to the situation

Magus Zeal

Expert
Supporter
Well I don't think Dan is in a hurry to increase resource yields tbh :) Everyone just bots them as it is.

Edit: In fact the Double Resources in Fel was just removed - we are actually going the other way here.

OP
J

Johan

Novice II
Supporter
heh wish i had the patience to set up something like that it really isnt fun to make or get those macros going

Magus Zeal

Expert
Supporter
If you ask around here I'd be surprised if you didn't get so many scripts you could pick and choose which one is in your colour :)

Top Bottom