FIXED Lord Blackthorns

XxXBarbieXxX

Neophyte III
Heritage Supporter
A group were fighting a lighthouse, we had completed 2 previously with no issue.

3 x tamers.

1 necro weaver with Cu (random TI player)

Mine:
ReadyPlayerThree -- 1 weaver mage with cu
Dirk Pain -- 1 tamer bard with bettle

We had just finished the 2nd round of the lighthouse in NE corner

Just about to attack the lighthouse and then a crash.

2 accounts were running UO steam at LB.

On relogging I can see the area but then it freezes and crashes to desktop, 3rd account remains logged in and working at luna bank also on UOSteam

1588369001478.png

the crash to desktop happens a few seconds after this screenshot.

At this moment I wasnt attacking the tower with either account.

Update :: After thinking about it the only thing I did notice was this lighthouse seemed to have two parts when trying to grab its health bar, one was grey and one was orange as my pet must have cast enemy of one on it.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited:

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Are you in vvv by chance? And are you positive it was orange? Could it have been yellow?

Last edited:
OP
OP
XxXBarbieXxX

XxXBarbieXxX

Neophyte III
Heritage Supporter
Are you in vvv by chance? And are you positive it was orange? Could it have been yellow?
sorry hadnt seen the reply

Non VVV chat, it was orange as the pet has chiv, i recall hearing the sounds of "enemy of one", i already had the health bar up and it was grey then i regrabbed it when trying to "All Kill" it, then the crash happened and it mabe kept crashing for 15-20 mins

then after that I was able to log in and the same spot and that lighthouse was long gone.

Hope this helps

Noah

Apprentice II
The Legend
Heritage Supporter
Ive posted this similar bug 2 times now with the same problem.
After it crashes you can't log back in right?
Maybe now that it isnt me reporting it, it'll get fixed now...

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Oh Noah. Conspiracy theories are never good for one's health. The staff does not ignore your reports.
"Activates time machine"
showhim.png

Now, something else Barbie mentioned to me this time around, that may be new information, is he said he seemed to be able to pull 2 health bars from the same target at one point? Did it freeze up right then? @XxXBarbieXxX - What did they look like? Did one show correct health vs the other? Whatever you may remember helps.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
We believe everyone that there is some weird issue here. We just can't fix what we can't replicate. Very hard thing to track down.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
EEO isnt turning my pets victim orange. I also tried it on a damageable item and its not turning orange.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Now, something else Barbie mentioned to me this time around, that may be new information, is he said he seemed to be able to pull 2 health bars from the same target at one point?
No, the lighthouse has the main item, then a component item, sort of like an addon. The secondary item has no bar that can be pulled, only the main part of the lighthouse.

OP
OP
XxXBarbieXxX

XxXBarbieXxX

Neophyte III
Heritage Supporter
Ok so what I recall happening is I had the bar of the lighthouse up in Grey,

For some reason I pulled a second health bar, I think I had forgot I had it on the other side of screen, the second health bar was orange like enemy of one, but another thing I recall is only half the lighthouse highlighted when hovering over it.

As soon as I set my pet on the lighthouse it crashed, but i hadnt realise as it froze, i went to account 2 did the same and it froze only after a few secs did i realise both accounts had "crashed" eventually i relogged and it froze again and again

Then i was able to log in fine after some time, the assumption is the other player I was with killed it and the cause of the issue went with it.

During this time my 3rd account was logged in and able to play normally.

The two health bars is what made it unusual, now i cant recall if i set pets on the grey or orange health bar

Very odd.
Post automatically merged:

On a side note i used manual all kill to attack the lighthouse, i wasnt using any scripts to auto target the enemy.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Dexter came up with a pretty cool idea.

We made the lighthouses "constructable" so we can spawn them on their own.

This weekend I am going to set up the TC with a few fields that are full of just lighthouses. If we can narrow down the issue we will reward everyone who partakes in the TC.

OP
OP
XxXBarbieXxX

XxXBarbieXxX

Neophyte III
Heritage Supporter
Dexter came up with a pretty cool idea.

We made the lighthouses "constructable" so we can spawn them on their own.

This weekend I am going to set up the TC with a few fields that are full of just lighthouses. If we can narrow down the issue we will reward everyone who partakes in the TC.
Sounds like a good idea I was thinking of something similar on a local shard backup but the idea of killing mobs to get to the lighthouse sucked : )

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
how much life did the lighthouse have left? Did it show the rubble and fires yet?

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Aldo, do you use any type of targeting with the client or razor/steam?

OP
OP
XxXBarbieXxX

XxXBarbieXxX

Neophyte III
Heritage Supporter
Lighthouse was after wave 2 so it would have already been damaged. Was using UO steam but no targeting at all just "all kill" from a UO key binding

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Alright, so Dexter has fixed this issue.

As this is an issue that has been reported in the past and has plagued us for years, we are going to doing something a little unconventional with how we hand out the Sovereigns for this one.

We are going to mark this as FIXED but sticky it here for a few days. Anyone who reported this issue in a post, on these forums, please search for your post and copy and paste a link to it here. We want to reward everyone who helped report this issue over the years.

On June 1st we will be archiving this and rewarding the Sovereigns. Please post your link by then, if you wish to get some.

DaBeanCounter

Journeyman III
Wiki Editor
Heritage Supporter

Noah

Apprentice II
The Legend
Heritage Supporter

Reactions: Dan