Logs Vrs. Ingots

Omalley

Master
Benefactor
Supporter
Can we please get boards to weigh the same as ingots? It is soooo monotonous to keep adding a few hundred boards at a time, when some items require 100 or more boards.. I dont think it would be a big deal if all crafting materials shared the same weight.. or maybe make it so you can craft from the commodity deed box? put all your materials in it, and its like an extension of your backpack? just thoughts.. Thanks!

Upvote 1

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Didn't we change the weight of something else too? I think Leather.

Cid

Novice III
Benefactor
Supporter
I like the idea of making all crafting materials the same weight, Blank Scrolls, Empty Bottles, Granite as well as Lumber. One thing I would like to add however, can we make the Scribe Pens stackable? I hate it when you go into a scribe shop and buy them, they land everywhere in your pack and make a big mess.

RedBeard

Journeyman II
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
Changing weight of boards, cloth or ingots, will affect how ship repairs are handled, and the limit to how many resources a ships hold can manage. Galleons have extra hold space to accomodate the excess weight of these particular items. Pack animal limitations and resource gathering would be affected as well.
Instead how about anyone with 5 or more craft skills totaling 570+ skill points (including bonuses from gear/items) gets a strength boost. This will limit offensive skills on those IDOC farmers (can carry a lot but weak at defense and attacks). This is a crafter request so it should have a crafter solution IMO.

Could also create a Crafters Talisman that has weight reduction (for specified resources only) with random craft bonus just like the 'No-Fail Talismans' add it to BoD rewards table as a Heritage Custom Item.

I don't agree with the leather changes. Gathering resources is a specific activity and players should have to compromise to do it.

Cid

Novice III
Benefactor
Supporter
Changing weight of boards, cloth or ingots, will affect how ship repairs are handled, and the limit to how many resources a ships hold can manage. Galleons have extra hold space to accomodate the excess weight of these particular items. Pack animal limitations and resource gathering would be affected as well.
Instead how about anyone with 5 or more craft skills totaling 570+ skill points (including bonuses from gear/items) gets a strength boost. This will limit offensive skills on those IDOC farmers (can carry a lot but weak at defense and attacks). This is a crafter request so it should have a crafter solution IMO.

Could also create a Crafters Talisman that has weight reduction (for specified resources only) with random craft bonus just like the 'No-Fail Talismans' add it to BoD rewards table as a Heritage Custom Item.

I don't agree with the leather changes. Gathering resources is a specific activity and players should have to compromise to do it.
Good points Red!

To be honest, I didn't even think about the IDOC toons in the game, or the Packys. The blue bug and Packys are limited to 1600 stone I believe and as such I think their capacity should not change. Other script resource gathering toons could also be impacted by the lighter weights.

Regarding the ships and repairs, again a good point! Is a ship or Galleons capacity limited by weight or number of items or both? Someone in an earlier thread suggested that redeeming Commodity Deeds in ships holds could be a possible solution. I like this idea but with some reservations however. Would it be possible to carry deeds in the ships hold strictly for the use of repairs? To be clear, I'm not saying make them redeemable for the total amount on the deed but rather as the supplies are used for repairs the deed will lower in value. As an example, instead of 1000 board value on the deed after repairs the value is lowered to say 875 boards or what ever it takes to make repairs. Perhaps a "Ships Repair Deed" for ships that can hold a certain number of resources, say 500 boards available through the Harbor master or the Ship Wright. (Possible Gold Sink)

Crafters Talisman is a good idea, make different Talismans for different resources, available through the BOD reward system. I like it!

The original poster, Omalley, makes a good point too. I seem to fail alot when crafting through the Carpentry menu and have to always replenish the boards in my pack. It's a pain in the rear I know but after all these years I have come to expect it.

OP
Omalley

Omalley

Master
Benefactor
Supporter
It doesnt matter to me how its done, honestly. I would just like to see the commodity deed box be an extention of your backpack, and allow you to stash the resources in the comm deed box, and craft from there. But any of the idea's above would work too! Just so long as I can hold more boards.. even if we could hold more weight, just not carry it.

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
5 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
4,399,021,343gp