Housing limit in Luna Walls/Vendor Plaza

Namza

Supporter
In a nutshell, would it be possible to create a Demise style vendor plaza, or limit housing within Luna walls to one per IP? I know vendor search is a thing, but you don't always know what you're looking for, you know? I feel like the first option would ruffle the least feathers, but on the other hand a lot of the housing in and around Luna is either vanity housing or people speculating on a 100 player housing market. I've got my own thoughts about the ghost towns this kind of thing makes of popular spots in the game, but I'm probably a couple of years late for that.

I'm honestly clueless about the technical side of things, so not sure on the work/benefit ratio, but I think that mini-facet vendor dimension thing that Demise has does mitigate some of the weaknesses of a low player economy.

If this is already a thing could you delete the post and pretend it never happened please thank you

Upvote 0

Mrriots

Apprentice
Lifer
Benefactor
Wiki Editor
I get what youre saying, but with the vendor search system a vendor mall is not needed, and its not very attractive to be honest.
I personally use, and I know others do aswell, the vendor search religiously.

And I always try to offer plots outside the walls for players to create their vendor houses as close as they can get at this point. Since rentals are not the best way to get shit sold anymore :)

OP
N

Namza

Supporter
When I made the post, I didn't know about the whole RMT for plots thing that the server had going on, or I wouldn't have recommended the first part. To be honest, the combination of RMT and unrestricted housing means that Luna and the other popular areas feel more like someones minecraft server than a freeshard.

The vendor search is sort of obtuse, and again you have to know exactly what you're looking for to find it. The vendor search also doesn't solve the issue of having to travel to far flung places once you do find something; maybe the map could become a recall object or something?

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
The map is a recall object. No skill required, just a little coin.

If you click on the map once you will see a host of options. You can travel right to any vendor and back again, as well as directly open the container holding the item you wish to purchase.

Omalley

Adept
Benefactor
Wiki Editor
Supporter
In a nutshell, would it be possible to create a Demise style vendor plaza, or limit housing within Luna walls to one per IP? I know vendor search is a thing, but you don't always know what you're looking for, you know? I feel like the first option would ruffle the least feathers, but on the other hand a lot of the housing in and around Luna is either vanity housing or people speculating on a 100 player housing market. I've got my own thoughts about the ghost towns this kind of thing makes of popular spots in the game, but I'm probably a couple of years late for that.

I'm honestly clueless about the technical side of things, so not sure on the work/benefit ratio, but I think that mini-facet vendor dimension thing that Demise has does mitigate some of the weaknesses of a low player economy.

If this is already a thing could you delete the post and pretend it never happened please thank you

Hello Namza! I suggest doing some scouting in discord and in game chat, there are a few players willing to rent vendor spots to players! I know @Brosephine has a free vendor mall, and I bet if you keep it stocked, youll find a few folks willing to help you out.. I run my shop in Luna.. and my home is else where.. a rented vendor is a great opportunity, and more or less the "Vendor Plaza" you are looking for. :) if having a Luna house is your drive, like it is mine.. i understand.. it is very possible to obtain a Luna house, it just takes time & determination. There is a house for sale in Luna as we speak, for "Gold" and ive seen quite a few houses go idoc in Luna.. So its very possible!

Last edited:

The Silvertiger

Novice
Supporter
@Namza I was like you when I first came here. People owning 20 homes was a bit too much alvin-y to me. I still only own 1 home and am very happy with that. I will be buying a luna house eventually for vending with commission, but I gotta put the work in first. Dan said he wanted to offer an opportunity to rp a realtor, so I guess it is what it is. GL HF

Top Bottom