Cannot Reproduce House Customization Menu

Brosephine

Apprentice
The Legend
Revered Member
Heritage Supporter
I was in house customization mode on a 14x14 house plot. At the time I encountered the possible bug, two barkeeps had been placed in the house. I completed my design and went to submit it. On the customization payment menu, I clicked "okay," and was removed from house customization mode like normal. Strangely though, the payment menu did NOT disappear like it usually does. So, I clicked "okay" again, and this time it kicked both barkeeps out in front of the house sign. I entered and exited house customization mode again to see if the barkeeps would go back to their original locations, but they remained out in front of the house sign.

I had to contact Dan to move them back where they belonged because I couldn't do it myself, and he asked me to make a bug report.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I just did what you described and could not reproduce it. Can you try doing it again?

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Yeah, I had to go to her house and move the barkeeps.

Probably some weird fluke but maybe an extra check to make sure the confirm price gump part of it always closes. In this weird case it forced the two barkeeps under the sign.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
There is no extra check. Not sure what happened here. I suspect the button was pushed, but the server didn't tell the client to close the housing gump. So, when the button was pushed again, the barkeeps that were just replaced in the house, got booted to the house sign. Its weird, the code is all right, and I've never heard of this happening. Maybe some type of anomaly with client/server communication.

OP
OP
Brosephine

Brosephine

Apprentice
The Legend
Revered Member
Heritage Supporter
I haven't been able to replicate this either. Might have just been a weird click.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
ya strange. I even tried putting one of the customization buttons directly behind the "okay" button but that did do anything lol.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Yeah a strange event for sure.

Regardless Barkeeps need to be looked at as mentioned here https://trueuo.com/threads/player-barkeep.2089/. Keep an eye on this one Emily. For now going to mark it as "Cannot Reproduce" and regardless we need to come up with a better way to manage barkeeps so they stop getting left behind.