first timer trying to setup trueUO

Molokai

Apprentice
So this guy that knows nothing and is slow is trying to setup a new trueUO for first time.
It starts and runs some, gets to no account, want to create account, says account created
then gets this error , any idea what is being done wrong?

Server Crash Report
===================

TrueUO Version 0.0, Build 0.0
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 7/4/2021 4:50:40 PM
Mobiles: 0
Items: 0
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Server.TileData' threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: TileData: not found
at Server.TileData.Load() in C:\TrueUO-master\TrueUO-master\Server\TileData.cs:line 344
at Server.TileData..cctor() in C:\TrueUO-master\TrueUO-master\Server\TileData.cs:line 249
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.TileData.get_ItemTable()
at Server.Misc.ItemFixes.Initialize() in C:\TrueUO-master\TrueUO-master\Scripts\Services\ItemFixes.cs:line 8
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method) in C:\TrueUO-master\TrueUO-master\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 73
at Server.Core.Setup(IEnumerable`1 args) in C:\TrueUO-master\TrueUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 659
at TrueUO.TrueUO.Main(String[] args) in C:\TrueUO-master\TrueUO-master\Application\TrueUO.cs:line 9

Clients:
- Count: 0

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
So this guy that knows nothing and is slow is trying to setup a new trueUO for first time.
It starts and runs some, gets to no account, want to create account, says account created
then gets this error , any idea what is being done wrong?
Is TileData being used by another application related to UO?

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Also it's looking for your UO install in its normal location. Do you have yours somewhere custom?

OP
M

Molokai

Apprentice
restarted my pc nothing else running , same error
but it does say datapath warning , but the dir listed is same one razor uses if i was to try and log in

1625420115361.png

OP
M

Molokai

Apprentice
some stuff might of got updated years ago with MUL files or something so a mining script would work.

guess i can try new install

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Yeah you need all the original UO files in their normal install location.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master

You can also search Google for RunUO/ServUO tiledata or any other issue and the answer is usually out there.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Once in-game as your GM character say

[createworld

OP
M

Molokai

Apprentice
ah, very nice , thanks

I see what you was talking about with tradeOrders and the names of items ,
I been adding items for some research on cooking and a few took me a min to find, like pan of cookies, savage kin paint

the [add & [add search .... pretty cool

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
[xmlfind is another good one for searching things.

[Admin is your basic control panel.

[helpinfo shows a list commands.

Unfortunately there aren't many commands documented online.

OP
M

Molokai

Apprentice
is there a place in the code to find commands?
or maybe create my own new commands?

Learning something new always feels lame when you have wimpy questions :/

*sees the search box at top*

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold