Not A Bug Fire Beetles

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
Even though I still have points to spend I cant get DEX up any further. For cross comparison I have Fireflys pet posted first then my beetle.

1626909903124.png

1626910067255.png
1626910088802.png

Last edited:

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
What character controls the beetle in question? I'll need to check it out directly.

If however it has hit its cap or was poorly trained to begin with, this will be marked not a bug. Which I don't think it is anyways at first glance.

Reminders when pet training and unsure of outcomes:
  • Use the Test Center!
    • test.trueuo.com
  • Use the command [PetTrainTest FireBeetle
  • Use the gate near the Luna stables to instantly level and get points for fast training and testing.

There are many situations in which you can have points left over but can't apply them to certain locations due to various caps.
Screenshot_20210722-091013_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Caps and Cost Example​

Much like imbuing, animal training uses points and different properties have a different point cost, in addition various attributes also have caps, both in groups and individually.

Strength, Dexterity & Intelligence have a combined training point weight cap of 2300, however the training point weight of strength is 3.0x and the attribute cap for strength is 700, so maximum strength would require 2100 of those points. Dexterity has a training point weight of 0.1x and a cap of 150, so 15 training points, Intelligence has a training point weight of 0.5x and a cap of 700, 350 training points. Therefore to reach cap in all three stats would require 2465 training points, more than the cap allows.The pet’s existing stats will be expressed in the menu as a training point figure, in the example pictured the pet’s strength is 134, ie 402 training points. If you chose to raise that strength to 334 it would require 600 training points which would be deducted from the available 1501 points shown. Full details of training point weight caps, individual attribute caps and training point weight costs can be found listed below.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
STR can not be adjusted up either.
If at one of the internal caps none of them will. The pet is basically done for that level points leftover or not.

I don't want to speculate too much until I have time to get in-game and make a copy of the pet to look at. Should be able to in the next day or two.

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
no worries, just figured I would report it. At first I thought maybe that was there max, until other people said 150 should be its cap. I beat it down with fireball then magic arrow. then I invised and honor tamed it.
Post automatically merged:

no worries, just figured I would report it. At first I thought maybe that was there max, until other people said 150 should be its cap. I beat it down with fireball then magic arrow. then I invised and honor tamed it.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
Post automatically merged:

if it does happen to be a bug, can mine be fixed or can I get a black dye back so i can tame a new one?
if it does happen to be a bug, can mine be fixed or can I get a black dye back so i can tame a new one? Also, I dont really understand what you mean by internal caps. the beetles come with an internal INT cap of 500 and it cant be raised.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
if it does happen to be a bug, can mine be fixed or can I get a black dye back so i can tame a new one? Also, I dont really understand what you mean by internal caps. the beetles come with an internal INT cap of 500 and it cant be raised.
If there is indeed a bug found, yes I can remove and replace the dye / give a new fire beetle back at 0.

I saw it explained in the Discord and also in that link posted. If the values = the cap, that's it. Nothing can be done. Some pets because of the stats they come with after being tamed are close to that cap. Please read the caps and costs example below:

Caps and Cost Example​

Much like imbuing, animal training uses points and different properties have a different point cost, in addition various attributes also have caps, both in groups and individually.

Strength, Dexterity & Intelligence have a combined training point weight cap of 2300, however the training point weight of strength is 3.0x and the attribute cap for strength is 700, so maximum strength would require 2100 of those points. Dexterity has a training point weight of 0.1x and a cap of 150, so 15 training points, Intelligence has a training point weight of 0.5x and a cap of 700, 350 training points. Therefore to reach cap in all three stats would require 2465 training points, more than the cap allows.The pet’s existing stats will be expressed in the menu as a training point figure, in the example pictured the pet’s strength is 134, ie 402 training points. If you chose to raise that strength to 334 it would require 600 training points which would be deducted from the available 1501 points shown. Full details of training point weight caps, individual attribute caps and training point weight costs can be found listed below.

Also, have you gone on the TC and tried to replicate the pet?
Reminders when pet training and unsure of outcomes:
  • Use the Test Center!
    • test.trueuo.com
  • Use the command [PetTrainTest FireBeetle
  • Use the gate near the Luna stables to instantly level and get points for fast training and testing.
I saw a few posts on Discord explaining how you may have done the order wrong. Easy to test and only takes about a minute to set up any pet. The gate near the Luna stables auto levels and gives points.

Fire Beetle code:

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
Before i made this guy i did create one so i would not screw it up.

1626968024440.png

I just made a new one and focus on just the stats. (See below) +

1626968444792.png

its also at 150 dex but stamina is maxed at 52? it appears that its calculating Stamina, Dex, STR, and INT into the equation.

here is another one.

1626968683213.png

RedBeard

Journeyman
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
678 strength is max whereas you applied 679 strength, Dex got limited to 135. Yes Beetles points should be allocated in a certain order as stated above post #8. I wrote a book in game on beetle training, I will make a copy for the library.

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
My stable has 4-5 beetles trained in there and I’ve never had an issue with raising its stats.

Dex and Stam is always the first thing I adjust.

not saying you aren’t having legit issues, just I’ve trained more than a few and never run into this issue before.

I would guess from reading this it could be your training order as redbeard said

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
678 strength is max whereas you applied 679 strength, Dex got limited to 135. Yes Beetles points should be allocated in a certain order as stated above post #8. I wrote a book in game on beetle training, I will make a copy for the library.
yet on test net the order did not matter. why would stamina be effected on test net fire beetle attempt 2? According to Dan stamina should not even be in that equation yet is was while testing on test net.

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
in the beetle lore where you got stuck to 52 stam, that seems to be because you've maxed out the Hit points. if I boost Stamina to 150, i can only at a minimum, get Hp to 932, not the 1008 you did.

1626994784071.png1626995266504.png

Str Int Dex and Hp Stam Mana pull from different intensity caps.
Str Int Dex and Hp stam mana increases vary in values towards their respective intensity cap, that extra 679 instead of 678 was and is enough to block dex rising higher than 130/135. Dex and Stam need to be raised first if you want to avoid this issue in the future :)

1626996070178.png1626996112117.png

unless ofc I'm misunderstanding your issue, in which case ignore me :)

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
I dont know if you use it, but Uo-cah is an awesome resource for plotting out on paper/screen a pet build.

I use it, but not for planning calculator, I use the test center. who would of thought one point would make that difference. would be nice to have an internal alert to save people from simple mistakes.

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
lol, I feel like such a moron.. I use your link and it takes me to the fire beetle pet planer, Yet I cant figure out how to replicate that page on my own. What am I doing wrong? all my pages dont reflect intensity caps.

1627054523301.png

1627054553415.png

1627054574846.png

1627054621995.png

1627054684320.png

Miral

Novice III
Supporter
So on that page, fill in the untrained stats of your beetle and click the button on the middle right and it’ll take you to the pet planner. I may have in my tiredness linked the wrong page :D

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
After looking at the pet it appears to have already been trained, albeit in a way that those points can no longer be used on stats. It is following all the rules laid out here:

Caps and Cost Example​

Increase Magic Skill Caps and Increase Combat Skill Caps allow you to increase skill caps for various magical and combat related skills. This process requires the use of Power Scrolls and only increases the skill cap, you will still need to train the pet in the specific skill through traditional pet skill training. To raise a skill cap simply select the option while having the relevant powerscroll in your back pack.

Adding Abilities​

There are four categories from which you may select abilities which will enhance your pet’s fighting capabilities, the page ‘Training Abilities‘ has descriptions of what each ability does.

• Magical Abilities allow you to give the pet magical abilities in one of several spell schools.
  • Special Abilities allow you to give the pet special abilities, different than those traditionally found as weapon special moves.
  • Special Moves allow you to give the pet special moves, similar to those traditionally found as weapon special moves
  • Area Effects allow you to give the pet an area attack, targeting multiple adversaries with an area.
Selecting a new school of magic is not to be considered lightly, it will remove any innate magical ability the pet may have. You may only select a total of Three options, two from the first 3 categories shown here and one from the magical abilities list. Select in the order shown below, magical ability last. Keep in mind many pets already have a special ability, which cannot be overwritten. This reduces your choices.

• 1 area effect
  • 2 special moves
  • 1 special ability
  • 1 magical ability
These selections, along with any raised skill caps, will be displayed on a new page in the animal lore gump, Pet Advancements.

The choices available in these sections are governed by the pet’s classification, as listed in the tables below, and any abilities the pet already has. For example the special abilities ‘tail swipe’ and ‘grasping claw’ will not appear on the list for a pet dread spider since the creature has no tail or claws; such creatures as Nightmares and Drakes are not able to choose a special ability, they already have the special ability, Dragon Breath. This reduces your available options for these pets to 2. Rune beetles are so blessed with special abilities naturally than no more can be added at all.

Some Magical Abilities are so powerful that they require all 3 of the available options, example ‘Piercing’ which trains the creature in the bleed, armor ignore and paralyse special moves together with the Pierce and Thrust mastery abilities’. Some abilities have additional requirements, eg the special move ‘nerve strike’ requires the pet to have trained 50 points in Bushido.

When you train your pet, the number of control slots the pet requires will increase. The maximum number of control slots any pet can have is 5, however individual pets have maximum control slots they can be trained to. Once you have applied all available training points, if the pet is below its maximum follower slot requirement, the blue ‘Begin Animal Training’ button will reappear. Each stage of training will increase the pet’s follower slot requirement by one; pet slot level will increase when a creature is first customized. A pet with pack instinct will lose that ability as its slot requirement rises to a point where the ability to hunt with multiple pets is ruled out. Once the pet reaches its maximum slots the Pet Training dialogue line will disappear and no further advanced training is possible. Skill caps that have been raised through the addition of power scrolls will gain through traditional pet skill training, enhanced by the taming mastery spell, Whispering.

Caps and Costs​

Training Point Weight Caps​

• Strength, Dexterity & Intelligence: 2300
  • Hit Point, Stamina & Mana: 3300
  • Resists: 1095
  • Hit Point Regeneration: 360
  • Stamina Regeneration: 360
  • Mana Regeneration: 360

Individual Attribute Caps​

• Strength & Intelligence: 700
  • Dexterity: 150
  • Hit Points: 1100
  • Stamina: 150
  • Mana: 1500
  • Resists: 80

Sorry, there is nothing we can do in this specific situation. We don't physically alter items/pets or replace items unless it is due to an identified coding error.

OP
W

Wild Elf

Novice
Supporter
in the beetle lore where you got stuck to 52 stam, that seems to be because you've maxed out the Hit points. if I boost Stamina to 150, i can only at a minimum, get Hp to 932, not the 1008 you did.

View attachment 4336View attachment 4337

Str Int Dex and Hp Stam Mana pull from different intensity caps.
Str Int Dex and Hp stam mana increases vary in values towards their respective intensity cap, that extra 679 instead of 678 was and is enough to block dex rising higher than 130/135. Dex and Stam need to be raised first if you want to avoid this issue in the future :)

View attachment 4338View attachment 4339

unless ofc I'm misunderstanding your issue, in which case ignore me :)
I still really want to know how this was done on UO-CAH. I cant ever get the Intensity caps to show like they do on your screen shots. nor can i get the pet planer to look like the one you shared in the hyperlink.

photo from you link your link

1627140158355.png

i go to pet planer it tells me to pick a pet and when i do my screen looks nothing like yours. I am 100% lost and cant figure out how to get the planer to work on my end. what am i doing wrong?

1627140298599.png

below you can see home>> pet planner links and when i select the pet it goes to the pet intensity calculator which is a completely different screen then what you have shared with your screenshots and links.

1627140431484.png

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
2,844,871,647gp

Test Center