Caps and skill sets? Newbie Guide Help?

Naxious

Newbie III
Supporter
*Please only respond with answers if you are 100% sure it is correct, or that is how something functions*

Below I am going to be building a help guide for new players (I myself am I new player.) This will be very helpful information as it seems to be tons of information that I'm assuming is common knowledge among most people.. but hard to find exact answers for, but seems needed to know to build proper templates/suits etc...

So I do not know if this is common knowledge or if there is a place that can show me all this information in one quick glance.. But I would love to know the caps for all of the following:
Hit Chance Increase, Defense Chance Increase, Mana Regen, Int Bonus, Mana Bonus, Spell Damage Increase, Faster Casting, Faster Casting Recovery, Damage Increase, Swing Speed Increase, Luck, Stam Regen, Stam Bonus, Hit Point Regen, STR Bonus, Reflect Physical Damage, (and any other obscure new generation stuff I might not have listed) For convenience I will make a better vertical list of these items below, so someone can copy/paste answers:
(((Also below the list I will name a few items I would love to be further explained or their limits as well.)))

HCI:
DCI:
MANAr:
INTb:
MANAb:
SDI:
FC:
FCR:
DI:
SSI:
Luck:
STAMr:
STAMb:
HPr:
STRb:
RPD:
Mana Increase:
(cap?)
LRC: seems simply.. I'm assuming caps at 100% if it doesn't.. is there a benefit to going above 100.
LMC: (Lower Mana Cost... whats the cap here? is it different depending on the casting skill I'm using?)

Slayer Weapons: (how much is their damage modification... does it stack with Damage Increase etc...)
Slayer Books: (how much is their damage modification... does it stack with Spell Damage Increase etc..)
Hit Life Leech: (how much does it leech... whats the max...)
Hit Lower Attack: (how does this work? whats it do?)
Hit Mana Leech: (how much does it leech... whats the max... )
Hit Stamina Leech: (how much does it leech... whats the max...)
Enhance Potions: (cap? hows it work... for each type of potion.. explosions.. cures.. etc..)
Kinetic Eater: (what is this? Whats Kinetic etc..)

****If I've missed any of the item attributes.. please list them out, and I will add them****
(Also; If you think there is other information that would be good to know for a new player... feel free to add it.. perhaps Stat/Skill Caps? etc...)
(An explanation on how PS's work.. a good way to make a living on Heritage etc... Anything added here.. I will put together in a nice Guide Images and what not etc.. so it will be easy to follow.)

Now FC/FCR I know work differently depending on the skills your applying them to.. I believe Magery is 2/6 if I'm correct. So if answering and know.. please answer for the other casting skills, thanks.

Also, please list any difference if any of these apply to multiple skills... like does SSI work differently with archery than it does melee? etc.... Thanks for anyone's help in learning all of this.

Last edited:

nerv

Neophyte
Supporter
HCI: 45
DCI: 45
MANA regen: 18
INT: 150
MANA: No Cap
SDI: 20% for Pvp (%25 For Pvp on "pure" templates) // No cap for Pvm (Heritage Forum)
FC: 2
FCR: 6
DI: 100% PvP // 300% PvM
SSI: 85 (But Weapong speed is limited on 1.25 atack speed)
Luck: No cap
STAM Regen: 24
STAM: No cap
HP Increase: 25
STR: 150
RPD: 105
Mana Increase: No Cap
LRC: 100
LMC: 40

Slayer Weapons: Super Slayer 2x damage, Lesser Slayer 3x damage. It stack and the cap is 300%.
Slayer Books: Some as above (But i think there is no cap for Spells on Trueuo)
**Talisman Slayer: Do not affect spells
Hit Life Leech: 100% max, but the formula is: Damage Dealt * %LifeLeech * 30% (So the max is 30% of your hit)
Hit Lower Attack: 50%, sucessful hit will lower the HCI of the target by 25 for 8 seconds
Hit Mana Leech: 100% max, but the formula is: Damage Dealt * %LifeLeech * 40% (So the max is 40% of your hit)
Hit Stamina Leech: 50% max (Except some artifacts), and 100% of the damage is add to your stamina poll
Enhance Potions: Equipment cap is 50, but for each 33.0 points on Alchemy you get plus 10% over item cap. Max 80% - Healing Potions will heal % more and cure potions will have better % to cure.

Sorry if anything is wrong, i egt most of data from original UO, i know some stuff, like SDI, is diferent here, but i think overall stay the same.

*Edit 1:

Here is some caps of TrueUO
http://trueuo.com/index.php?threads/basic-player-information-stats-and-caps.621/

And if you want to know more about Properties:
http://www.uoguide.com/Item_Properties

OP
Naxious

Naxious

Newbie III
Supporter
What is considered a "Pure Template"....
Whats difference between Lesser/Super Slayer (how to tell difference?) Havent seen those titles in game.. I've just seen like Repond Slayer.. or Snake Slayer.. etc..

under Hit Stam Leech.. you say except for some artifacts.. so is the 50% a Overall Cap, that can be out done by an Artifact.. or 50% is only what you can find on an item...

Thanks for all the info.. I look forward to building a proper guide with all of this.

Omalley

Master
Benefactor
Supporter
Super Slayer is a monster group (Elemental Slayer, Works on all Elementals) Lesser is specific (Earth Elemental Slayer)

Elamor

Novice
There is nice tab with slayers.
More than 100% in LRC is waste.
DI is always cap 100%, if we are talking about property "Damage increase". But there are more damage modifiers or damage increase efects whose drop to 300% cap or even not - like DMG bonus from skills.

What counts to that 300% DI?
Slayer(300% - tripple dmg) and Super slayer(200% - double dmg)
Damage Increase (property) - 100% cap
Spells - Enemy of one @ 82% for PVM
- Divine Fury @ 20% (Counts with DI property from items!!! - or should)
- Consecrate weapon @ 15%
Bushido and honor fight - 100%

What doesnt count to 300% DI cap?
Damage bonus from Strenght, Tactics, Anatomy and Lumberjacking

A lot of these have to be tested on Heritage, but it should work like these.

PS: About DMG bonus, there are many formulas all over UO boards. I tested these on another shard with same client as Heritage and it worked a bit different - it multiplies base dmg and dont add bonus dmg to base
If it is like this, you shoud count Slayer as 200% and Super slayer as 100%. 100% is base dmg + 100% Super slayer looks like double dmg to me.

Last edited:

nerv

Neophyte
Supporter
What is considered a "Pure Template"....
Whats difference between Lesser/Super Slayer (how to tell difference?) Havent seen those titles in game.. I've just seen like Repond Slayer.. or Snake Slayer.. etc..

under Hit Stam Leech.. you say except for some artifacts.. so is the 50% a Overall Cap, that can be out done by an Artifact.. or 50% is only what you can find on an item...

Thanks for all the info.. I look forward to building a proper guide with all of this.

1) Slayer Creatures Chart: http://www.uoguide.com/Slayer#Creature_Slayer_Charts

2) Yes, the cap is 100% (There is a katana Doom Artifact)

FireFly

Journeyman
Supporter
Golden shovel reward for me!
@Magus Zeal
How accurate that 85ssi cap can come from? Any idea about it?
Or we both agree cap for ssi stand at 60 here? (osi accurate)

Magus Zeal

Expert II
Supporter
Golden shovel reward for me!
@Magus Zeal
How accurate that 85ssi cap can come from? Any idea about it?
Or we both agree cap for ssi stand at 60 here? (osi accurate)
I've never heard of anything above 60 being effective. Pretty sure that is the cap. I can't remember where that code is so I didn't verify.

FireFly

Journeyman
Supporter
I've never heard of anything above 60 being effective. Pretty sure that is the cap. I can't remember where that code is so I didn't verify.
:) i tested it actually like yesterday with wear 85 ssi items xD 210 stamina and tried how fast crossbow shot would be in that case :D
60ssi = cap no matter what

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
2,844,931,859gp

Test Center