Confirmed Bug Bard Mastery - Perseverance

Jester

Novice III
Heritage Supporter
It appears that the bard mastery Perseverance is not applying the DCI( possibly even the Damage Reduction, when i get a chance i will test the DR and update) to party members, the bard themselves gets the DCI but party members do not:

Here is a picture of my DCI with the buff (I removed any DCI gear i had so that it would be at 0 then applied the buff):
1589466776078.png

Perseverance - This is a song of protection interwoven with magical energy. It envelopes party members in protective magical energy: Defense Chance increased by and damage taken reduced by 2-24% up to 30% at 4x Legendary, Casting Focus increased by 1-4% base to 6% at 4x Legendary.

Edit:
Tested the Damage Reduction (assuming this means all damage) I used fireball and over 10 spells (small sample size but at 30% DR you would think it would be obvious)

Without: 13, 10, 13, 11, 12, 12, 12, 11, 12, 13 Average damage: 11.9
With buff: 12, 12, 13, 11, 13, 10, 10, 13, 12, 12 Average damage: 11.8

So its not applying it either.

Last edited:

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I just did a test and its working fine. Only issue i found was the status bar was not removing teh DCi bonus when the spell expires.

OP
OP
J

Jester

Novice III
Heritage Supporter
Yeah this is interesting, its working now, sort of, i do see the issue where the bar isnt updating and maybe that was the same issue i was having just in reverse, it was there but not showing it. ill keep an eye on it and let you know.

I did notice the same with provoke mastery last night it would randomly show the SDI on the sheet, but if i changed gear or put up reapers/arcane empower it would refresh/fix the bar

I will also recheck the damage reduction.

edited
Rechecked the DR, it seems to be working as well, even tested with the buff down (but still showing the DCI) and the DR did not apply while it was showing but buff was not on, so maybe i was just getting tripped up on the status bar, weird though because with the buff up originally i was not getting the DCI or the DR.

as stated earlier ill keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jester

Novice III
Heritage Supporter
Ok i started to retrace everything i was doing at the time and remembered that i was training a blue beetle, so i doubled up my bards, so if you use the provoke mastery on one bard and the peace mastery on the other, then the peace mastery doesnt work on the provoke bard.

Edited to add:
Seems that it is only the bard that doesn't receive the buff, brought my 3rd account on to test and he got both sets of buffs.

Last edited:

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Dan, was this fix added? If so, I think we can mark this as fixed.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
If you pushed it in the last few days then yeah it is in.

I will mark it as fixed but @Jester mind double-checking when you get some time?

This issue has been fixed.

@Jester has been awarded 15 Sovereigns.

OP
OP
J

Jester

Novice III
Heritage Supporter
@Dan @Dexter

No, this issue still exists, not sure if it just didn't make the cut yet or not, but yeah as soon as i put up provoke mastery buffs the perseverance buff drop (on the provoke bard), as soon as i cancel the provoke mastery they return.

Edited to add:
I had not noticed but it works the opposite as well, the peace bard does not receive the inspire provoke mastery buff while it has peace buffs up

Last edited:

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Dude, you need to clarify what your talking about.

Please go step by step what you're doing, and what is happening. Also, whatever the perceived bug is, please explain how it is supposed to work on EA.

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Also, when you switch masteries, any spells from the previous mastery are supposed to cancel.

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I believe the issue still at hand, and correct me if I am wrong, is that other party members are getting the buff in question but NOT the original bard who cast the spell?

Dexter

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
I don't know what he's saying, his explanations are confusing. I have checked it several times for the caster, and the party members, and it is working fine. Actually, the party members and caster are all added to the same list so if it didn't work for some, it wouldn't work for all. The only issue I found, was the status bar wasn't being updated properly when the spell expired, which was unrelated to the original post (i think).

OP
OP
J

Jester

Novice III
Heritage Supporter
ok you need 2 bards, if you have bard A and select the provoke mastery, and bard B and select the peace mastery, and you put up the mastery buffs, Bard A does not receive perseverance and bard b does not receive inspire (Icon is in the status bar, but buffs are not applied (HCI, DCI etc)), they will initially but once they have their own buff it removes the other bards buff.

so bard A provoke mastery spells prevent Bard A from getting the effects of Bard B's perseverance. and Bard B's provoke mastery spells prevent it from receiving Bard A's inspire buff, once you drop either bard's mastery spells the buffs return.

Last edited:

FireFly

Novice
Heritage Supporter
So i found this on uo.com

A bard may only have one ability in effect at a time.

I understeand this way-bards cannot have up more than their own mastery buff

DaBeanCounter

Journeyman III
Heritage Supporter
That's interesting cause you can currently get two (or more) buffs as a bard active at the same time. @FireFly quote the text you read and provide the link

OP
OP
J

Jester

Novice III
Heritage Supporter
I A bard may only have one ability in effect at a time
This seems to be in reference to having to set the mastery (remember bard mastery's came before all skills got one) but could you link the source please?

Edited to add:
In this video the bard puts up both peace buffs at 11:24

DaBeanCounter

Journeyman III
Heritage Supporter
Ya I'd say thats pretty clear
1590422876840.png
Thanks @FireFly

Also pretty sure that bards can't be interrupted currently - which is listed there.

ALSO seems that upkeep is multiplied by the number of people in the party.

I don't see any of these checks in the code - upkeep is just a flat value not multiplied by the party count. Nothing that breaks the effect upon taking damage. Nothing that counts the current number of buffs active. Mind you these checks might be in there somewhere....just not seeing them in the main cs for the spell.

Last edited: